When floods threaten, it is critical to get flood barriers on site and set-up as quickly as possible. The world leader in mobile flood protection chose Clip-Lok SimPak® as their packaging partner for this purpose.
The main challenge was to make a box that was strong enough to carry the heavy panels during many trips out to flood locations and back again for storage. The boxes had to safely secure the panels to fully protect them from damage under transport.
In close cooperation with the client, Clip-Lok developed a solution which met these challenges and which also provides the following benefits:
- Any of the box sides can be removed to give users easy access for quick packing and unpacking.
- The boxes are reusable and can be flatpacked for storage.
- One box size fits all of the company’s flood barrier panel models, to minimize packaging stock.
- The thin, yet strong walls of the Clip-Lok box give a high filling rate.
- The box dimensions are optimized for container transport.
- There is no need for extra packaging materials so there is no waste to dispose of.
- Water drainage holes allow the panels to dry under storage.
This project is a good example of how choosing Clip-Lok gives access to a design and engineering team with many years of experience in developing solutions that meet the customer’s exact requirements.
About Clip-Lok SimPak
Clip-Lok SimPak® is a cost-saving packaging system. For over 25 years, our reusable, flat-packable, custom designed plywood boxes have provided superior savings and functionality. Investment payback is often seen after only three shipments. The Clip-Lok SimPak Group is a global network of independent companies covering marketing, sales, client liaison and manufacturing on four continents. http://www.clip-lok.com/
For more information please contact:
Tylan Kaae, Media Relations
Solvang 25, DK-3450 Alleroed, Denmark
Tel: +45 4814 3778